Take a Photo Tour of our Boston Hotel and Boston Things to do.
You are here
Things to do in Boston | Boston Pops Fireworks Spectacular
The July 4th Boston Pops Fireworks Spectacular draws a crowd of more than 500,000 people. This Thing to do in Boston is popular with both locals and guests at our Boston Hotel.
What better place to celebrate July 4th than in the Cradle of Liberty? This City is rich in history, and it played a major role in the Revolution. Our Boston Hotel is thrilled to welcome the many guests who come to spend Independence Day in the city where, in many ways, it all began.
While several fun Boston Events to mark July 4th, the Boston Pops July 4th Fireworks Spectacular is one of the most popular. Each year, a half a million people head to the banks of the Charles River to enjoy a concert by the Boston Pops followed by a gorgeous fireworks display.
Boston Pops July 4th Fireworks Spectacular
When: July 4, 2014
Where: Charles River Esplanade
This popular Thing to do in Boston began in 1975, and it has grown in popularity each year. If you’d like to attend this fun Boston Event then there are some things you should know to make the day memorable and enjoyable.
- The concert begins at 7:30 p.m., but many people make a full day of the event and arrive when the gates open at 9 a.m.
- Being well-prepared will be the difference between having a great time and being miserable. Here are a few things you should bring:
- Bug spray
- Sunscreen (lots and lots of sunscreen!)
- A cooler with snacks and drinks (no alcohol is allowed)
- Don’t drive!! You will not save much time on walking as the parking lots are just about as far away as the nearest train stations. Also, because some roads are blocked during the event, navigating can be a nightmare – especially for a visitor.
- No backpacks are allowed. All items must be carried in a clear bag, and bag inspections will be conducted at the entrance.
- A few other things you can’t bring: Pets, BBQ gear, coolers on wheels.
You don’t have to get there first thing in the morning, but you should plan to arrive a few hours before the concert. Food vendors will be onsite and the general atmosphere is fun and family-friendly. Visit our Boston Events Guide for more information about this and other Things to do in Boston.